Directed by: Mark Rosman
Written by: Gina Wendkos
Produced by: Susan Duff, Marc Platt, Dawn Wolfrom
Other cast: Heather Locklear, Chris Noth, Mike O'Malley, Ben Feldman
Release date: June 17, 2005
Genre: Comedy, Family
Running time: 100 minutes
A lonely mother begins receiving romantic e-mails from a secret admirer, unaware that this perfect man is really a creation of her daughter who is trying to cheer her up.
– The story of a family that wanted it all. Never settle
– Is it all too good to be true?
– I’m whipped, so time to hit the sheets, even though I have no idea which box there in.
– I want a mom who sees in herself what Zoe and I see everyday. That’s talented and pretty and funny, and cooks great and dances great, and doesn’t need a man to be those things. Okay, so maybe the perfect man wasn’t real. But the perfect you is.
– Hey all you bloggers, it’s me, the girl on the move. Well my mom got her heart broken again, so we’re setting off on another big adventure. That’s my mom’s word for running away.
– It always starts the same. I mean, she starts out hopeful, and then when the perfect man doesn’t come around in two weeks, she gets desperate and hooks up with some loser. Some guy who’s not even good enough to mop her floors. And then, when it doesn’t work out, because it never works out, we pack up and move again, and there’s nothing I can do about it. I can’t even run away because that’s what she does.
– We need to know what the perfect man would do as a follow up to the orchid.
– It’s nothing. It’s just, I’m going through my teenage years. And that’s confusing. I’m confused about who I am and what my purpose is in life. What college I should go to. If I should even go to college. I’m trying to resist peer pressure to do all sorts of things that I know I shouldn’t do, but some of them I kind of want to do. If you know what I mean? I’m considering getting my nose pierced, and my belly button, and nine other parts of my body. But my mom said she would totally kill me if I did that, so now I’m just thinking about getting a tattoo on my back. But it wouldn’t really be considered my back, because it would be so low, that you wouldn’t even be able to see it. Unless I wore my jeans low enough. I’m really confused.
– There is such a thing as the perfect man. And I know exactly who it is for my mum.